The Seasons for Growth Parent Programme provides an opportunity for parents and carers to better understand the experience of death from a child’s perspective and to explore ideas and strategies they may wish to consider as they support their children.
Looking at a bereavement from a child’s standpoint provides space for parents (and carers) to discuss and share their experience of caring and nurturing children following a death.
We focus on concerns and questions such as
- How do I talk to my child about what’s happened?
- What kind of reaction might I expect?
- What can I do to support my child?
- Does it matter if my child sees me upset?
- How will I know what my child wants and needs?
This programme is particularly appropriate for parents of children attending a Seasons for Growth group.
The programme is delivered over one session of two and a half hours. It is open to all parents of a bereaved child and is free of charge.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending a session.